[last updated Nov 2021]
The business of Aus Solar Connect is marketing and involves the collection of Personal Information from individuals who may be interested in a specific type of service, and the sale of this personal information to our clients, who are businesses that provide services in the area for which the personal information was collected. Aus Solar Connect is owned by Journey’s End Marketing.
- Aus Solar Connect, owned by Journey’s End Marketing Pty Ltd is the operator of this website.
- When we talk about ‘you’, we mean the person using this website or services of this website or participating in any surveys, questionnaires or quizzes produced by this website. When we talk about ‘client’ we mean the business or businesses that engage or deal with us to purchase the information we collect. Our client(s) details are listed in the schedule.
- ‘Personal data’ or ‘personal information’ is information that directly identifies you, such as your name and email address, or data that could be used, on its own or in combination with other data, to identify you.
- It is very important to us to protect your personal data and to use it strictly in adherence with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- When we talk about ‘we’ or ‘us’ we are talking about Aus Solar Connect and our installation partners who administers the solar installation.
- STAYING ANONYMOUS
- You can browse our website anonymously, although cookies may be collected. You will not be able to access surveys or questionnaires anonymously.
- COLLECTION OF DATA
- Aus Solar Connect collect personal data about you when you give it to us or explicitly consent for it to be given to us. This generally occurs when you complete an online form, survey, quiz or questionnaire in which case you have chosen to consent to the collection and subsequent sale of your personal data.
- Aus Solar Connect collects and process the information we need to be able to sell your details to our client, so that our client is able to contact you about their services, or to fulfil a service contract, or to meet a legal obligation. How much data we collect depends on the type of service you have expressed an interest in. This information can include:
- your first name and last name
- your email address
- your phone number
- your postal address
- your gender and age
- your employment status
- if you are a homeowner and, if so, your property value and how much you owe
- if you are wishing to borrow, the amount wish to borrow and for what time period
- And financial lenders you may have had in the past
- other debts you have such as council tax debts or personal debts
- We will not seek sensitive personal data from you, such as health details or information revealing your religious beliefs or ethnic origin.
- Other than listed above, Aus Solar Connect does not collect financial information relating to you such as bank card details.
- We may also use ‘cookies’ on our website to provide a way for the website to recognise you and keep a track of your preferences, and to enable you to contact us directly from the website. Cookies may also be used to optimise website speed for your convenience, to allow you to customize our web pages and so that you do not have to keep filling in your details repeatedly. We may collect information about your IP address and how you used our site.
- That data collected by cookies does not usually identify you, but may be combined with other information to identify you. If we identify you using information from cookies, we may use that information to track how you use our website and send you information more specific to your needs, or to invite you to purchase one of our services.
- USE OF DATA
- Aus Solar Connect sells your personal data to our clients who may use your personal data to contact you about products or services they deliver or sell. It allows us to align the products and services of our Clients as closely as possible to your needs and situation. Our clients may then contact you to offer or market their services to you.
- Aus Solar Connect may also process your usage data (your IP address, geographical location, manner in which you used our site etc) for our legitimate business purpose of monitoring and improving our website.
- Aus Solar Connect will also disclose your personal data where legally compelled to do so.
- STORAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF DATA
- The personal data you provide to us is stored with software that Aus Solar Connect use to collect the data (such as Unbounce). These software providers have strict security to ensure data protection, integrity and confidentiality. While we do our best to ensure the security of your data, no storage is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the safety of your data. Once collected, your data is then transferred to our Client. Such a transfer may include transfer of information across boarders depending on where the Client is. This means your data may be transferred to, and stored, computers outside of your state or country and the data protection laws may be different from those where you live. By agreeing to this policy, you agree to such a transfer.
- By using this webiste, you agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms please refrain from using our website.
- COLLECTION OF DATA OF MINORS
- Aus Solar Connect do not intend to collect the personal data of persons under the age of 13. If you are the guardian of a minor and suspect they may have provided us with their personal information, please contact us and request to have the minor’s personal information destroyed (use the contact information in the schedule below).
- DATA RIGHTS
- At your request, Aus Solar Connect will tell you what personal data about you is being processed, on what basis, and by whom. If you decide your data should not be processed for one or more purposes, you may withdraw your consent from using your data in that way. Please note that we will action your request as soon as practically possible however such a request will not take effect immediately and you may still be contacted by our client in the meantime.
- You may amend inaccurate, incomplete or outdated personal data at any time by applying directly to us using the contact information in the schedule below.
- You may also request that all personal data we have collected about you be deleted from our records and erased from information stored by any third party organisations processing data on our behalf.
- If data we have collected about you is processed using automated means, you have the right to receive that data in a structured, machine-readable format and to transmit it to another data controller without hindrance.
- CONTACT US
- Please let us know if you have any requests, feedback or concerns regarding the way we manage your personal data. Use the contact details listed in the below schedule. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible.
- This website is owned and operated by Journey’s End Marketing Pty Ltd You can contact us on the below details.
- Our websites and social media ads commonly refer to government incentives, referencing various federal and state incentives (such as the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme linked here). These incentives are in no way affiliated or managed by Aus Solar Connect.
- Our websites and social media adds may have images of landmarks in certain Local Government Areas (LGAs). This is simply raising awareness that Aus Solar Connect may be able to offer solar to residents of these LGAs and in no way is the LGA affiliated in any way with Aus Solar Connect.
- Our websites and social media ads commonly refer to getting ‘paid to go solar’. This may refer to relevant government incentives and / or feed in tariffs offered by energy providers
- Our websites and social media ads commonly refer to getting ‘solar for no net cost’, ‘getting solar without being out of pocket’ and similar variations. This refers to where a homeowner will purchase solar on finance whereby the combined solar savings plan plus reduced power bill is LESS than the power bill prior to the solar installation. It is important to note that not all homes are suitable for ‘no cost solar’ and we are clear and transparent in our advertisements that homes need to qualify.
- Some of our advertisements reference Google and online reviews of our installation team or of our partner installation team. This is calculated by searching for (at the time of writing the ad) the number of reviews and rating of our partner network on sites such as Google, Trustpilot, Facebook and other online review sites.
- Some of our advertisements reference the number of installations our installation team has conducted. This is caclculated based on the number of enquiries we have passed onto our installation partners divided by proportion of enquiries that turn into a solar installation for our customers. Note that we don’t recieve this feedback from all of our installation partners so it is estimates only.
PO BOX 7041 – EAST BALLIN NSW 2478
- Changes to this Privacy Notice